PRIVACY STATEMENT of Zinnema, Open talent house in Brussels vzw
Zinnema Open talent house in Brussels VZW holds in high regard the protection of your personal data (and the respect of your privacy).
In this privacy statement we want to provide clear and transparent information about (what data we collect) how we handle personal data. We make every effort to ensure your privacy is protected and, therefore, handle personal data with care. Zinnema Open talent house in Brussels vzw is in all cases subject to applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
This implies that we must by all means:
- Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided, these goals and type of personal data are described in this privacy statement.
- Limit the processing of your personal data to only that which is minimally required for the purposes for which they are being processed.
- Ask for your express consent, if we need it, for the processing of your personal data.
- Have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
- Not transmit personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for carrying out the purposes for which they were provided.
- Be aware of your rights regarding your personal data, to point this out and to respect them.
As Zinnema VZW we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have questions about this or wish to contact us, please contact us using the following contact details:
Zinnema Open Talent House in Brussels vzw
Phone: 02/555 06 00
Who is this privacy statement aimed at?
This privacy statement applies to all of our current and former colleagues, participants in activities, people who show interest in our activities, services or products, customers and prospects, suppliers.
What do we process which personal data?
Your personal data will be processed by Zinnema, Open Talent House in Brussels vzw for the following purposes and legal grounds:
- To be able to participate in the activities of Zinnema vzw (execution agreement).
- Purchase of tickets (delivery of tickets, access control, provision of rates, service mailing before and/or after your visit, contact in case of program change or cancellation).
- Monitoring workshops.
- Sending information about our activities, newsletters and invitations (legitimate interest).
- Occasional e-mails with an offer for performances or workshops (which are directly linked to a recent visit).
- Obtaining a subsidy by the government (legal obligation).
- Organizing our volunteering.
- Renting rooms in Zinnema.
- Relevant contacts with the press.
Insofar as the processing of personal data takes place on the basis of permission, you always have the right to withdraw the consent given.
For the above purposes we may request and / or process the following personal data from you:
- Personal identity details: name, first name, address.
- Private contact details: telephone number, e-mail address.
- Identity data issued by the government: identity card number, national insurance number.
- Personal characteristics: date of birth, place of birth, sex/gender, nationality.
- Financial details (including account number, payments, ...).
- Training and education.
- Visual material (photos, videos, recordings, ...).
We only collect personal data that you provide to us in various ways (including registration forms, fill-in and contact forms on our website, personal / telephone / e-mail contact, ...). We do not collect personal data via third parties.
We use the collected data only for the purposes for which we obtained the data.
Whether or not you provide data yourself
The information provided, if applicable, must be provided by yourself.
Provision of personal data to third parties - processors
We may provide the information you give to us to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the above described purposes.
For example, we use a third party (external service provider) for:
- Saving and processing data in the Cloud (via a Cloud Service Provider).
- Maintenance of the internet environment (web hosting, mail hosting).
- Providing IT infrastructure (including IT network, servers).
- Taking care of the (financial) administration and social secretariat.
- The provision (and distribution) of newsletters and invitations.
- Selling tickets.
- The hiring of halls.
- Answering artistic calls.
- Archiving Zinnema’s history.
- The registration of attendants.
- The lending of technical equipment.
We never pass on personal data to external service providers (processors) with whom we have not entered into a processor agreement (or the same provisions have been included in the contract conditions).
We naturally make the necessary arrangements with external service providers (processors) to ensure the security of your personal data.
Provision to third parties - receivers
We share personal data with the following external parties:
- Partners with whom we organize activities in cooperation (activities developed with two or more organizations (including co-production), and for which participants' lists are exchanged).
- Permanent partners of ... VZW ... including among others NAME
- Public authorities (including subsidizing bodies, tax administrations, social security institutions etc.).
- Brokers in personal data or direct marketing.
- External facilitators or trainers.
With these parties we, of course, make the necessary arrangements to ensure the security of your personal data and that your data will be treated confidentially.
Furthermore, we will not pass on the information you provide to other third parties, unless this is legally required and permitted. An example of this is if the police were to request of us (personal) data in the context of an investigation. In such a case we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this information.
At no point do we sell or rent your personal data to third parties. We never pass on your contact details to third parties for commercial purposes.
We may share personal data with other third parties if you give us permission for this. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Your personal data can be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area if necessary for artistic cooperation projects (e.g. with African partners). In that case your personal data will be protected by specific contractual obligations in accordance with the obligations of the European privacy legislation.
Zinnema, Open Talent House in Brussels vzw, does not store personal data any longer than is necessary for the realization of the purpose for which it was provided, taking into account the period necessary to comply with the legal requirements (in the area of accounting, among other things). However, retention periods may differ for each purpose.
Zinnema, Open Talent House in Brussels vzw, commits itself to keep the data no longer than: up to 10 years after the last use (or termination of the collaboration).
Security of the data
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, loss or disclosure (... infringements, loss and unlawful processing ...).
For example, we have taken the following measures:
- All persons who can take note of your data on behalf of Zinnema, Open Talent House in Brussels vzw, are obliged to maintain their confidentiality.
- We use a username and password policy on all our systems.
- We use a virus scanner and update it systematically and timeously, and have installed a 'firewall'.
- We systematically back up the personal data in order to be able to recover it in the event of physical or technical incidents.
- We test and evaluate our measures at regular intervals and adjust if necessary.
- Our employees are informed (and educated) about the importance of the protection of your personal data. They follow a number of clear guidelines and are trained on a regular basis and made aware of their responsibility.
- These employees are given access to your data insofar as they need this information to perform their tasks effectively.
- For new projects that may have an impact on your privacy, an extensive analysis is done to guarantee your rights, the security and protection of your personal data.
Should an incident occur where your details are involved, you will be personally informed under the conditions provided for by law.
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right of access and copy of the personal data relating to you.
You are entitled to improvement and supplementation of your information in the event that it is incorrect or incomplete.
You have the right to data exchange (deletion) of the personal data we have received from you, and which is no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which they were processed. We reserve the right to determine whether your request is justified.
You have the right to restrict data processing: if you object to the processing of certain data, you may request that the processing be stopped.
You can also lodge an objection (opposition) against the way in which certain personal data of yours is being processed. So you have the right to oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (via unsubscribe options in e-mails).
You also have the right to have the data provided by you transferred by us to yourself or, by your order, directly to another party.
Via the address at the top of this privacy statement you can contact us to exercise your rights, accompanied by a motivation for your request.
We can ask you to identify yourself before we can comply with the aforementioned requests.
No category of persons is subjected to any form of automated decision making or profiling.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data or about how to exercise your rights then we ask you to contact us directly.
You always have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection:
Data Protection Authority (GBA)
Printing press 35, 1000 Brussels
Changes to our privacy statement
Zinnema, Open Talent House in Brussels vzw, can always adjust its privacy statement. We will make an announcement of this change on our website. The last change was made on May 24, 2018.
Older versions of our privacy statement will be stored in our archive. Send us an e-mail if you want to consult it.